Does everybody know how to clean laptop touchpad? Or How To Clean Laptop Mouse Pad?
Isn’t it? It should be simple to clean your laptop and its touchpad, right? And, yes, this is similar to cleaning any other electronic equipment. However, the problem with cleaning a laptop touchpad is that it’s uncertain.
People are aware of how to clean it. However, they are unaware of the best cleaning solution. This post will go through all of the ins and outs of cleaning a laptop’s touchpad.
So, let’s begin…
Disclaimer: It is simple to clean a laptop’s touchpad. However, not all laptops are created equal. As a result, one sort of cleaning substance may perform better than the other on your particular laptop model. Remember that GeeksVela is not responsible if you damage your laptop or any other component while following this guide.
A little Bit Introduction
In addition to mobility, a touchpad is one of the most notable elements distinguishing laptops from desktop PCs. You should always look after your touchpad and ensure it remains in excellent working order. Without a functional touchpad, a laptop is practically useless; it’s also never pleasant to replace genuine components.
You use your laptop in school, during lunch break, or on a bus or train en route to work, right? Whether you’re using a Windows Laptop or a Mac with a Magic Trackpad, it’s vital to keep your touchpad clean, especially on a regular basis! This is also true for working professionals.
You must clean your touchpad regularly to ensure functionality and longevity! The more you carry your laptop around, the filthier it gets! You don’t want to take a chance of getting sick.
The most comprehensive method of cleaning a touchpad is to start with removing the device. If you’re not prepared to do that, clean the outside of the touchpad and keyboard.
Keep in mind that a touchpad attracts dust and grime on a regular basis. Because it is also the most delicate and exposed component of your laptop, you must be gentle and persistent when cleaning it. It isn’t a lot of work, and with a little care and love, you can ensure that your laptop continues to operate at peak efficiency.
How to Clean Touchpad on Laptop – 7 steps
Cleaning a laptop mouse pad safely necessitates the appropriate equipment, including lint-free antistatic wipes and swabs. Isopropyl alcohol and a mild cleanser may also be used to clean the outside of your laptop.
It would be best if you cleaned your mouse pad regularly because dirt, grime, and grease from your hands can harm the pad’s sensitivity.
- Cotton swabs
- Isopropyl alcohol (70%) or distilled water
- Mild soap
- Soft, lint-free (Dry and Wet) cloth
- Antistatic screen cleaner (optional)
You may use any other cloth to complete the task as long as you clean your touchpad with a dry cloth. On the other hand, using a soft cloth will be more beneficial.
Another benefit is that the touchpad may be cleaned with water. Cleaning this kind of debris with any glass or window cleaner should work fine. A 70% isopropyl alcohol solution might also be used to disinfect the trackpad.
You can clean the touchpad with paper towels. On the other hand, a cotton cloth would be preferable in this scenario. Cotton swabs are not only useful for removing greasy dirt; they’re also a must-have due to their presence.
After discovering everything you need to know, let’s get started on the actual cleaning procedure. A damp cloth is required if you don’t have one of the other cleaning solutions, including Isopropyl alcohol or glass cleaner.
Steps How to Clean Laptop Touchpad?
First and foremost, you must unplug your laptop from any power source. The last thing you want is to damage your touchpad or any other component while cleaning accidentally!
It would be best to close all open applications on your laptop. This will help avoid any data loss during the cleaning process.
It would be best if you now shut down your laptop completely. Once it has been turned off, wait a few moments before proceeding to the next step.
Turn your laptop over and locate the touchpad. The touchpad will be located on the palm rest below the keyboard in most cases.
Use a soft, dry cloth to brush any dirt or debris from the touchpad’s surface. Be sure to pay special attention to the corners and edges of the touchpad.
If the touchpad is very dirty, you may dampen the cloth with water. Only use a small amount of water; too much can damage the touchpad.
Use a cotton swab dampened with water or isopropyl alcohol to clean the edges of the touchpad. Be sure to avoid getting any liquid on the surface of the touchpad.
If the touchpad is still dirty, you may use a mild soap to clean it. Only use a small amount of soap; too much can damage the touchpad.
Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe away any soap residue. Be sure to pay special attention to the corners and edges of the touchpad.
Check to see whether your laptop’s touchpad is working now. Once the touchpad is clean, you may use a lint-free cloth to buff it to a shine. Please wait until the touchpad is completely dry before attempting to work with it. Make sure the surface is absolutely dry before you proceed. It will be beneficial to turn on your laptop after the trackpad has dried.
Tips to Keep in Mind before Cleaning the Touchpad of your Laptop:
- Please do not use any chemicals or cleaners other than those mentioned. Harsh chemicals can damage the surface of your touchpad.
- Never use a vacuum cleaner to clean your laptop. The powerful suction can damage delicate components.
- Be careful not to spill any liquids on your laptop while cleaning it. Water and other liquids can damage sensitive components.
- Do not use abrasive materials such as steel wool or sandpaper to clean your laptop. These can scratch and damage the surface of your touchpad.
- It would be beneficial to keep in mind that your laptop’s touchpad is highly sensitive. It also applies when you’re cleaning.
- Spraying or pouring liquid onto your laptop’s touchpad is never a good idea. Before using the cleaning solution or water, moisten the cloth. Then, drain out all the water, wring and squeeze the cloth.
Tips To Keep Your Laptop in Good Shape:
- Make it a habit to clean your laptop regularly. It would be best if you did it at least once a week.
- Be careful not to drop or bump your laptop while carrying it around.
- Do not place your laptop on soft surfaces such as beds or couches. These can block the ventilation vents and cause your laptop to overheat.
- Invest in a good-quality laptop bag or sleeve to protect your laptop from the elements.
- Do not store your laptop in extreme temperatures. Both heat and cold can damage sensitive components.
- Be careful not to spill any liquids on your laptop. Water and other liquids can damage sensitive components.
- If you are not using your laptop for an extended period, store it in a cool, dry place.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I clean an oily trackpad?
If your trackpad is oily, you may use a mild soap to clean it. Only use a small amount of soap; too much can damage the touchpad. Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe away any soap residue. Be sure to pay special attention to the corners and edges of the touchpad. Once the touchpad is clean, you may use a lint-free cloth to buff it to a shine.
Can I use a vacuum cleaner to clean my laptop?
No, it would be best if you did not use a vacuum cleaner to clean your laptop. The powerful suction can damage delicate components.
Can I store my laptop in extreme temperatures?
No, it would be best if you did not store your laptop in extreme temperatures. Both heat and cold can damage sensitive components.
How often should I clean my laptop?
It would help if you cleaned your laptop regularly, at least once a week.
We hope this guide helped teach you how to clean your laptop’s touchpad. Remember to be careful and use only the recommended cleaning products and methods. With a little care, you can keep your laptop in good working condition for many years to come.
We’ve attempted to include all of the vital information about cleaning your laptop’s touchpad in this post. We’ve also included some hints to help you keep your laptop tidy. We hope that this article will be beneficial to you in maintaining the condition of your laptop.