Do you want to know how to charge laptop with HDMI cable? Although it may appear strange, you can charge your laptops without a charger. A laptop is recognized for its portability, and you can carry one with you.
Your laptop, on the other hand, must be fully charged. You’ll need a laptop charger to charge your battery, as we all know. But, friends, life is a gamble. Even though a charger is a significant gadget, it is easily misplaced.
Furthermore, your charger might fail just as you’re about to deliver an important presentation or project to your company or institution. You can’t accomplish anything without your laptop charger after the battery power has run out. You can’t charge it or use it with a direct power source.
So, what is your backup plan? Fortunately, there are a variety of options for charging the battery, including:
- Charge via car or mobile phone
- They are charging laptop batteries externally.
- USB port
Many people wonder if they can charge the laptops via HDMI. The answer is a firm YES. I find that utilizing the laptop’s HDMI connection is a convenient, simple, and cost-effective option. You may learn how to charge a laptop without a charger in just a few simple steps with the aid of this article. We’ll go through how to charge your laptop without a charger using various actions, strategies, and equipment.
- How To Charge Laptop With HDMI
- How To Charge Laptop Battery Without Laptop
- How To Charge Laptop Battery Manually
- Can You Charge A Laptop With USB?
- 1. How To Charge A Laptop With USB-C
- 2. How To Charge Your Laptop In A Car
- 3. How To Charge Your Laptop With A Power Bank
- Get A Laptop Bag Or Case
- What To Pack In Your Laptop Travel Backpack
How To Charge Laptop With HDMI
Laptops are a must-have item for everyone. The aspect that distinguishes them is their portability. In addition, they are lightweight and easy to transport, making them an excellent travel companion. It is, however, essential to make sure that your laptop is well charged.
A charger is an essential laptop accessory since it allows you to charge your laptop. Connecting the charger to a suitable power source charges the laptop. However, life isn’t always fair, and laptop users may misplace or lose their chargers entirely. Having backup charging options for the laptop comes in helpful in these situations.
How To Charge Laptop Battery Without Laptop
How To Charge Laptop With HDMI
How to charge laptop with HDMI? There are Several alternative methods of charging your laptop have been created as a result of technological advancements. You may charge your laptop with a USB or your phone, for example. Also, consider using a laptop power bank to keep your laptop charged while you’re on the move. Without a charger, there are just a few alternative options for charging your laptop. These choices are helpful if you lose your charger or it becomes faulty.
Let Us Take A Look At These Options
- Charge laptop using USB
- Charge laptop battery externally
- Charge laptop with a phone
- Charge laptop in the car
However, is it possible to charge your laptop using HDMI? Unfortunately, there is no obvious solution to this issue. However, if you lose your charger, there are alternatives for how to charge laptop with HDMI.
If you misplace or lose your charger, this article will show you how to charge your laptop via HDMI.
You’ll need an adapter or connector to link Type-C USB and HDMI ports through an HDMI or adaptor cable to charge the laptop. You can also use your data cord to charge the laptop by connecting the Type-C connector to the Type-C port on your phone. The amount of electricity provided will be insufficient, but it will be beneficial when most required.
You may use HDMI to charge your laptop, Chromebook, or other devices in a different method. For example, you may connect the laptop to an extra monitor or TV with an HDMI IN connection using an adapter cable. An HDMI adapter connects your laptop to your television, allowing you to watch movies and shows on the big screen. As a result, you can improve your visual experience. As a result, instead of charging, it is preferable to use the adaptor for casting.
You will also like:
You Can Consider A Few Options If You Are Looking For An HDMI Adapter:
- Amazon Thunderbolt to HDMI Mini Adapter: It is well-suited with Apple and Macbooks.
- Amazon HDMI Female to Female Coupler Adapter: It joins two HDMI A Male cables together.
- QGeeM USB C to HDMI Adapter: The plug-and-play adaptor is helpful for both video and audio transfers. It may be used with any HDMI-enabled device.
Charging your laptop via HDMI or USB connections is not an efficient method of charging. They provide less power and charge your laptop more slowly. As a result, it’s best to utilize the charger that comes with your laptop. If you lose or damage the charger, be sure you replace it after double-checking the voltage and power compatibility. This protects your laptop battery from becoming depleted, extending the machine’s overall life. Also, instead of using HDMI to charge your laptop, it is preferable to use USB.
How To Charge Laptop Battery Manually
An integrated battery is included in every laptop. All you have to do to charge the battery is provide it with some energy. The electricity goes via the wire and into the battery when we put our laptop into a power outlet in our home. The most efficient way to transmit electricity to your laptop battery is to use a laptop charger, but there are other options as well. All you require is:
- A power source
- A way to transfer the power to the battery
Let’s get into it.
Can You Charge A Laptop With USB?
“Can I charge my laptop with a USB connector?” is one of the most often asked queries. So naturally, this is dependent on the sort of USB port on your laptop.
USB Type-A Is A Non-Starter
If you disconnect a wired mouse or keyboard, you’ll see a rectangular connection at the end of the cord, which you feed into the computer.
A Type A connection is what it’s called. It’s the most popular USB connector, and you can safely assume that when someone says “USB,” they’re referring to USB Type-A. Your phone charger most likely includes a USB Type-A port as well. However, while Type A may be used to power intelligent gadgets, it cannot be used to power your laptop. Type A can carry a significant quantity of data, but it cannot send the massive amounts of electricity required to recharge your laptop battery. That’s is due to type A’s inability to supply sufficient power.
You will also like:
USB Type C Is A Power-Full Ally
USB 3.1, on the other hand, introduced a new connector known as USB Type C, or “USB-C.” In comparison to Type A, USB-C has a more oval form. It’s made for high-wattage connections, which means it can send considerably more power and do so at a faster rate than Type-A. Much quicker:
- Type A (USB 3.1): Speeds up to 10 Gbit/s
- USB-C (USB 3.2): Speeds up to 20 Gbit/s
It’s going to get a whole lot better. USB4 will be launched, along with the USB-C connection, which can carry data at up to 40 Gbit/s. To summarise, you cannot charge your laptop using USB Type-A, but you can charge it using USB Type-C.
1. How To Charge A Laptop With USB-C
If your laptop has a USB-C port built-in, you may charge it using a USB-C cable —make sure the cord includes a plug converter (the box-shaped plug at the end of your phone charger that can plug into an outlet). The primary charger on particular laptops is a USB-C cord. To charge your laptop through USB-C, follow these steps:
- Insert one end of the USB-C cable into an electrical socket.
- Insert the USB-C cord’s opposite end into your laptop.
That concludes our discussion. As long as you have a USB-C cable, it’s as simple as pie. But there’s a significant drawback: what if you don’t have access to one? Unfortunately, getting a USB-C cable isn’t as simple as getting a new laptop charger. And, especially if you’re trapped on a Caribbean island for that destination wedding weekend, stopping by a computer supply store could be impossible.
Plan Ahead For Options
If you’re on shopping for a new laptop, though, you should look for one with at least one USB-C port. The USB-C connection is becoming increasingly common. As a result, it’s reasonable to anticipate that most laptops will come with USB-C connections in the future and that USB Type-A may be phased out entirely. The argument is that more people are expected to have USB-C cables in the future, so you’ll have a greater chance of borrowing one if you lose yours on vacation. Currently, you’d have to find someone who has the same type of laptop charger as you, which may be challenging. At least one USB-C port is available on nearly all of our popular HP laptop brands:
Note: Always check product specifications before you buy.
2. How To Charge Your Laptop In A Car
A vehicle is powered by electricity. And you may use the electricity it generates whether you are on a road trip in your automobile or hiring a car when your airline lands. So it’s pretty simple to use to charge your laptop using it. First, however, you will require two items:
- Adapter (AC) (USB Type-A connector on one end USB-C connector on the other end). This USB Type-A to USB Type-C converter is ideal for usage in cars.
- Car charger with USB port
It’s straightforward. To charge your laptop in a car:
- Turn on your engine
- Connect the car charger to the vehicle’s charging port: Many modern vehicles feature USB ports that you may use instead of a car charger.
- Now Plug the USB-C connector into your laptop
Note: In a car with a clear view, never leave your laptop alone. As a result, it may be more prone to theft or damage caused by overheating.
3. How To Charge Your Laptop With A Power Bank
A power bank is one of the most convenient methods to charge your laptop. A transportable battery for your laptop is known as a power bank. All you have to do now is connect your laptop to the power bank. The most excellent part about power banks is that they don’t require you to plug them into an outlet to charge your laptop.
Power banks exist in various shapes and sizes, and they don’t all have the same charging capabilities. For example, a USB Type-A power bank can charge laptops that aren’t as powerful. However, if you wish to charge a more powerful laptop, such as a mobile workstation, you’ll need a USB-C-based power bank. Other USB devices, such as your smartphone or tablet, maybe charged using USB-C power banks.
Your power bank will most likely only be able to charge your laptop battery one or two times, especially if you’re recharging a more powerful laptop. As a result, it’s critical to remember to recharge it by plugging it into an outlet. You won’t be able to recharge your laptop with your power bank after it runs out of juice. That’s why it’s better to have your power bank on hand when you need it, such as if you misplace your laptop charger. Also, keep your power bank in your laptop bag at all times.
You May Also like………..
Get A Laptop Bag Or Case
You should always have a laptop bag or backpack with you when you go on the road, whether you’re traveling large distances, backpacking through Europe, or just going on a weekend trip. A laptop bag is helpful for more than just storing your laptop. Keep items in there that you can use to recharge your laptop if you lose your power cable. You should also carry accessories that can charge all of your mobile gadgets on hand.
The initial function of a laptop bag is to safeguard your device. Many HP laptop bags are made of weather-resistant fabric with weather-resistant zippers that can endure rain and hail. Furthermore, the interior of the bags is generally padded with soft, shock-absorbing fabric to protect your laptop if you drop it or if your road trip turns bumpy and your laptop bag begins bouncing about in the back seat.
The HP Spectre 13.3 split leather sleeve, robust enough to go on an Indiana Jones-style adventure, is perhaps the most rugged HP laptop bag.
The most acceptable bags also have unique RFID-blocking characteristics. Know that gadgets can scan your credit or debit card information from a short distance if you bring them with you. That’s correct. Without your knowledge, a cyber thief with access to such a gadget may wait behind you in line at the coffee shop and scan your personal and financial information directly off your card.
They may not do it at a coffee shop since it would be impossible without attracting notice. However, it frequently occurs on the street or on public transportation. Many HP laptop bags have an outer zipped pocket that is resistant to RFID scanning, allowing you to safely store your credit and debit cards without the risk of their being taken by a cyber thief, whether you’re travelling across the nation or town. Investing in a full-fledged laptop bag is also a good option. However, a backpack is more ergonomic than a laptop bag, and it will allow you to fit more electrical gadgets inside.
What To Pack In Your Laptop Travel Backpack
Make it a habit to bring a laptop bag with all the resources you’ll need for a successful tech-filled adventure when you’re away from the workplace when you’re on the move. Here’s what you should include.
- First and probably most importantly, keep your laptop in there. Put your laptop in a laptop sleeve first, then the laptop case in the backpack if you want to be extra cautious. You never know when the route may become problematic; therefore, you should take every precaution to secure your laptop. Remember that your laptop likely contains many sensitive or valuable business or personal information, such as work projects or family photos. Please don’t take the chance of losing them.
- Insert a fully charged power bank as the second step. If at all possible, avoid using your power bank until necessary. It should primarily be used in an emergency if your laptop’s power cable fails.
- Don’t forget to carry a travel adaptor. If you’re traveling overseas, you could find yourself in a place where the plugs for your laptop aren’t suitable. A travel adaptor is a device that allows you to connect to a foreign outlet using interchangeable plugs. Having fully working gadgets may help keep you secure and prevent you from missing any transit plans when going overseas. So when you’re leaving the nation, make sure to bring one of them with you.
- Finally, bring a USB port hub. When traveling with your laptop, a USB port hub is a valuable item to have. Its primary purpose is to increase the number of USB ports available on your laptop. When you’re far from your home company’s structured workplace, a USB hub commonly contains 4 to 7 additional USB ports, and users can connect all of your USB devices with ease. There are two types of port hubs: powered and unpowered. Powered port hubs are helpful since they provide power to your connected devices (rather than relying on your laptop for power).
If you have a limited amount of time to charge your USB devices, you may use a powered hub to charge them all at once, and you won’t need any more outlets. SD card slots and USB-C connectors are available on several HP-powered hubs.
Remember that if you misplace your laptop charger and need to power it up quickly, you may always:
- Charge your laptop via USB-C
- Charge your laptop with a power bank
- Use an adapter to charge your laptop in a vehicle
Any of these ways might spare you from having to spend a weekend away from your laptop if you go.
Charging your laptop via HDMI cables or USB connections may not be the most efficient way to do it. They supply less power and charge your laptop more slowly. As a result, you should use the charger that comes with your laptop.
If you lose or destroy your original charger, ensure you get a new one after examining its voltage and power capabilities.
This prolongs the life of your laptop battery by preventing it from deteriorating. To summarise, it is preferable to charge your laptop via USB rather than HDMI.
Keep in mind that using the HDMI alternative charging option as a permanent charging method might cause long-term damage to your laptop. As a result, it should only be transitory.
That’s all from Geeks Vela about how to charge laptop with HDMI cable. Hope you people like our efforts. If you have any queries or suggestion please let us know in comment section.