You are IRRITATED when you want to perform a task but the laptop gets jammed or frozen. It gets stuck on even simple document files, and you have to wait a minute before it recovers. Are you trying to do a factory reset on my Acer laptop but can’t remember your password?. Are you searching for How to reset Acer laptop factory settings without using the password?
Have you ever been in a position where your Acer wants to perform a factory reset but you don’t know the password? Are you, perhaps, not alone? Without a password, resetting Acer laptops in factory settings might be difficult. There may be additional reasons for returning your Acer laptop computer to its original settings, such as wanting to sell it or forgetting the forgotten password.
This informative post will clarify three easy methods to factory reset an Acer laptop with no password. One of the three techniques is extremely successful. Continue reading to find out how to reset Acer to factory settings.
How to Reset the Acer Laptop to Factory Settings
The Acer Aspire One is a netbook, not a laptop. A netbook is a scaled-down version of a laptop that does not have the memory or graphics of a regular laptop. It also lacks a CD drive, so you can’t restore the Acer Aspire One with recovery CDs.
Instead, the Acer Aspire One comes with a built-in factory restore option. Using your keyboard, you can reset the Acer Aspire One to its original settings. Only reset your netbook to factory settings if you cannot resolve the problem any other way.
How to Reset the Acer Laptop to Factory Settings:
If you want to reset your Acer Aspire to factory settings to fix some major issues you’re experiencing with the device, you can go about doing so. In this article, we’ll outline the steps for both a full system reset and a partial reset (resetting only the Windows operating system).
Full System Reset:
- Turn off your Acer Aspire and disconnect all external devices.
- Press and hold the Alt + F10 keys at the same time when you see the Acer logo on the screen.
- When you see the eRecovery Management screen, release the keys.
- Select the “Restore system to factory default settings” option and press Enter.
- Select the “Yes” option at the warning message and press Enter.
- Wait for the reset process to complete, and then restart your computer.
Partial Reset (Windows Operating System Only):
- Turn on your Acer Aspire and log in to Windows.
- Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the Settings window.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery in the left-hand menu.
- Under “Reset this PC,” click on Get Started.
- Select the “Keep my files” option and click on Next.
- Follow the prompts to complete the reset process.
Once you’ve completed either of the reset processes, your Acer Aspire should be returned to its factory settings.
We’ve talked about how to reset Acer laptop to the factory settings without a password before. This technique is often used and has benefits and drawbacks. Some do not guarantee a successful factory reset on Acer laptops, but resetting them using Windows password recovery is quite effective and simple.
With this approach, there’s no technical jargon to comprehend. You’ll download it right away, launch the program, follow a few easy steps, and reset your Acer laptop to factory settings without a password.