YouTube has over 300 hours of content being uploaded each second YouTube. So it’s the preferred platform for creators posting various kinds of videos, capturing their life (with just the perfect mix of routine activities and thrilling adventures), Sharing tips, tricks, and advice, and simply connecting with their followers.
Vlogging is among the most popular niches within the realm of YouTube. It is easy to sense the appeal – virtually everyone is curious about the lives of other people and their adventures and the food they eat as well as the game they enjoy.
This article will cover an area getting more and more popular with technological advancements – Vlogging. If you’ve not heard of the term before now, there’s no reason to fret. We’ll explain the concept of tech vlogging in detail and hopefully encourage you to create your channel of tech vlogging.
Here’s what we’ll be covering in this article:
What Is Tech Vlogging?
Most people reading this article will probably be familiar with the term “vlogging,” but what’s the deal with technology-related vlogging?
In simple terms, Tech vlogging refers to the process of filming technology-related content like new smartphone releases, the best camera equipment, and tips on how to select the best PC. Tech vlogs tend to be sat-down video clips where the YouTube creator reviews a particular product (or several items) and offers suggestions and tips according to their personal preferences.
It could appear like a simple task, but it isn’t. Tech vlogging does not require a lot of knowledge and expertise and time to study the niche and market and establish your channel, advertise it to your followers, and all the other stuff that goes as a YouTube creator. Let’s begin by briefly talking about the process of making your channel.
Tech Vlogging Equipment
If you want to produce high-quality content, you must be sure to plan the kind of equipment you’ll purchase. Many accessories will help make your vlogging experience more enjoyable, but when you’re on a tight budget and do not have the funds to buy equipment for filming, here’s the most basic equipment you’ll need for successful tech videography.
It’s no surprise that you should invest in a high-quality camera to improve video quality. From a viewer’s perspective, viewing videos with high quality is always an enjoyable experience, so choosing a camera that can perform that task is the ideal starting point. However, there is no need to invest thousands of dollars to purchase an expensive camera. There are a lot of budget-friendly options available. We’ve provided the best budget-friendly option, along with a costly choice in case you’re looking to spend the total amount.
There are some things you should be looking for when purchasing the Vlogging camera, such as good optics, image stability, good image high-quality, as well as dim lighting performance.
If you’re working on a tight budget, then you’ll find that the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II is a fantastic alternative. It’s not only inexpensive compared to other cameras available (it is priced at around $500). In addition, it’s user-friendly and performs well under dim light. It has a 1080p resolution that could be an issue for some; however, it’s overall an excellent starting point to work with.
If you want to purchase an expensive camera that can significantly enhance your videos take, you should look no further than Panasonic Lumix GH5. So what is it that makes the Lumix GH5 so unique? It’s got high-quality 4K video, allows dual memory cards, and features an LCD screen that turns and has 224-area autofocus. It also features it has a freeze and splash-proof design, as well as two image stabilizers. In addition, it’s incredibly adaptable and user-friendly, particularly for beginners.
A microphone with an external source isn’t the first thought that pops up into your mind whenever you consider YouTube technical vloggers. However, it’s sure to simplify things for you.
Its Blue Yeti USB Mic is an excellent option for those who want to enjoy high-quality audio. There is the possibility of selecting between cardioid, omnidirectional, or stereo. The ratio of signal to noise is 100dB. It also has 3 condenser capsules. Overall, it’s an excellent choice for those just starting and video bloggers on a tight budget. However, a more costly recommendation is still within budget; the less expensive one is the Rode VideoMic Pro. It’s flexible and straightforward to use, but while doing so, it provides incredible audio, which is excellent for beginners and those who have more experience with technical videoblogging. It’s a Rode VideoMic powered by batteries, which blocks ambient noise. Again, this is beneficial for video Vlogging.
A tripod is another vital piece of equipment you’ll require if you wish to be a tech-savvy video blogger. You can be creative and utilize boxes or books for replacing it; however, if you’re planning to purchase a tripod, there are some choices:
- Manfrotto’s 190XPro4 is a well-liked option because of its operating height of 175cm. In addition, it’s user-friendly, and it can be rotated in different directions.
- Vanguard VEO2 204AB is a cheaper alternative. The tripod is light and cost-effective and reaches 135cm in height.
- Benro Mach3 TMA28AHD2A It is an excellent option if you’re searching for a tripod that can deliver. It has a maximum height of 161cm and includes some accessories, and it’s simple to take on trips with.
Create a YouTube Channel
You’ve probably heard the requirement to create an account to produce technical videos. Creating an account on a YouTube channel is a simple and simple process that can be completed in just a few minutes. Be sure to take the time to YouTube’s guidelines Be sure to do your research before proceeding.
Find Your Niche and Define Your Story
You should be able to guess that by now, there are a variety of different kinds of tech vlogs available on YouTube. Finding your area of expertise is the first stage in making your channel and attracting an even larger audience.
Before we offer you some suggestions to help you discover the right niche for you, we’ll look through the reasons why it’s crucial to make an effort.
Finding the right niche and uploading content in line with this niche will help get viewers attracted to a particular type of content. Then, if they sign up for your channels, they’ll be aware of what they can expect from you shortly and will follow you closely when you upload new videos.
However, it’s not to suggest that you shouldn’t experiment with your content. You are free to experiment by uploading one or two videos on the occasion that don’t fit into your particular niche. Still, it shouldn’t pose an issue for your viewers, assuming you don’t make it a habit to do this often. On the contrary, it could bring in viewers who might not have discovered your channel in other ways.
So Here are some ideas on how you can find your area of expertise and establish your personal story. Look at the types of videos you love watching the most in the tech vlog channels. This is the most significant indication of the kind of videos you’ll be making the most. The passion and enthusiasm you have for your work will be evident in your videos that your viewers are sure to enjoy.
Consider your hobbies and interests. For instance, If you’ve been a lover of smartphones since you were a young child and you’re interested in them, that’s an excellent indicator of the kinds of videos you’d like to make. In addition, your interests should guide how you’ll go about your channels since the more you’re interested in a specific topic, the more likely it is that you’ve got a wealth of experience with it.
Also, if you’re interested in knowing, take a look at the areas you’re proficient in and the kinds of skills you have. The more you understand about a site is, the more informed you’ll appear when you make your films. Your videos will be very informative, and viewers will understand the subject matter simply by watching your videos.
Film Your Tech Vlogs
Now that you’ve had the right equipment and discovered a subject that is interesting to you, it’s time to take the next step: film your technology video vlogs.
Here are a few suggestions that can help you film technical vlogs easier:
- Do not be scared of writing scripts. Making a list of a few key points will make it much easier to talk about the most critical issues and not drift away from the main topic that you want to convey in your films. However, this doesn’t mean that you have to follow your script to the T, and that could make your videos appear unnatural and insincere. Instead, it would help if you created an outline of the topics you’d like to discuss and kept it in mind to remind yourself.
- Find the best lighting. No matter what type of videos you make, lighting is vital for the YouTuber. Use natural light during the day and then find the appropriate artificial lighting for filming in the evening. If you’re filming outdoors, it’s a good idea to avoid direct sunlight. Also, locate a location with enough shade without too much background noise.
- Be aware of your area. The location is crucial when it comes to sitting-down videos. The best place has excellent lighting and simple background that won’t annoy the viewer and showcases your individuality and individuality (you could add some personal touches to achieve this look).
- Switch your camera placement every once in a while. Don’t be afraid of moving your camera around a few times to get different angles or photos. This will result in an exciting technology video.
- Begin with what you’ve got: There is no need for thousands of dollars of equipment to be a tech video blogger. Utilizing what you already have available is an excellent place to begin. Use whatever tech you’ve got lying around and allow your first two videos to be centered around the technology you have.
- Be yourself: Even if you may get exhausted from hearing it, you must always be honest about yourself and your character on your video. Even if the subject to your content is technological, you can still let your quirky and personal traits be evident. When you do this, your viewers will be in a position to connect to you on a more personal level.
Edit Your Tech Vlog
All your footage is all in one place. What next? The next step would be to cut the footage into a coherent tech video.
If you’re not experienced in uploading YouTube videos, you are likely to have editing software. If you don’t, You have the option of picking from a wide range of free choices. In addition, particular laptops, like Mac, have the editing software they use. If you’re interested in learning more about this topic, ensure you read our article on the top Vlog editor software (both free as well as expensive).
Here are some suggestions that can be helpful when editing your very first technical vlogs.
- Practice makes perfect. Even if the editing of your first tech vlog is not the best quality, Don’t let yourself get discouraged. Few people can get the ability to edit on the first attempt.
- Make it easy from the beginning. It’s unnecessary to be overly flashy or flashy in your editing at the beginning. Doing this often has adverse effects on viewers and makes the video frustrating and distracting. It’s best to stick with simplicity in the face. You’ll have the opportunity to show off your incredible editing skills later in the future.
- Create smooth transitions. Be sure that your sequences and changes don’t seem abrupt and smooth. Also, make sure that the videos are all traveling in the exact direction. The sharp cuts can interfere with the flow of your videos. To be aware of the motions in your video, a bit of preparation is needed; However, the result is worth the time you put into the video.
- Find terrific, royalty-free music. Good music instantly enhances how your video looks. While you don’t want to overdo it with music, the best songs will keep viewers interested and entertained. If you’re not sure if the theme of a particular artist has been licensed royalty-free, or whether it is not, then you have the option of contacting them asking permission to incorporate the music they have in your videos.
- Keep learning. Explore new tutorials, courses, or techniques to incorporate into your videos. There’s always the potential for improvement and to learn something new. Your audience will be grateful for the effort. Also, this understanding will keep you intrigued and engaged in editing your videos. So if you’re struggling with writer’s block, you should try trying something new and see what happens.
Promote Your Channel
The next step towards success as a tech Vlogger is to market your channel. The bottom line is that no matter the quality and quantity of your videos, you must put in the effort to promote your channel by following the tips below.
- Use and optimize SEO. The most crucial aspect in promoting your channel is understanding SEO. If you follow this procedure correctly, your videos will be displayed in the search results of YouTube and will rank higher. Therefore, it is essential to create your descriptions, titles, thumbnails, tags, and titles SEO-friendly by incorporating main keywords commonly used on YouTube but have minimal competition. If you’re beginning to learn about SEO, specific applications like Google Keyword Planner Google Keyword Planner could be helpful.
- Do collabs. Let’s say that there’s a tech vlogger whose videos you enjoy. Why not contact them and create a collaborative video? Suppose you and your partner upload a video to your channel that features the other in the role of contact makers. In that case, you’ll be able to reach a wider audience, and, as your gutters are similar to each other in theme and themes, a lot of their followers are likely to sign up to your channel too. This is by far one of the fun and simple ways to market your channel.
- Add your YouTube channel to your social media profiles and your email signature. Social media is the perfect tool for advertising your YouTube channel. The majority of people have profiles on social media, and all you have to do is add your YouTube channel to your profile’s description or your email signature. In this way, all your friends and family will get acquainted with your channel without communicating with everyone separately. Another suggestion is to connect your social media to your channel so that your followers can follow you on various platforms. Finally, make sure to upload your videos to social media after you’ve uploaded them.
- Create playlists. Playlists are another excellent method to advertise your channel. They allow your viewers to find your videos faster and assist you in increasing the number of views your videos receive. Make sure your playlists are adequately organized and that the videos are linked to one another.
- Remind your viewers to like and subscribe. Many people do not hit the subscribe button or follow a video; therefore, you could remind them in the middle or at the end of your video vlogs.
More Tech Vlogging Tips
- Explore angles. There are many angles to film from, which will keep your viewers interested. For example, you could try a video shot from a perspective (point of view) angle or even a bird’s-eye view angle. This allows you to experiment with editing techniques and add spice to your films. Additionally that you’ll be having a blast while you film!
- Get inspired. When you begin your journey through YouTube, don’t be scared to be inspired by fellow tech video bloggers. It’s not to suggest that you must follow their style or technique; however, instead, try to incorporate certain aspects you like from their videos into your videos and create your own.
- Be constant. Successful channels share one thing they all have in common: the frequency of uploads. A schedule is the best method to track your upload times. Inform your viewers to be aware of when they can be expecting a vlog from you. This way, your viewers will stay active and engaged with your posts. YouTube rewards channels that frequently post by recommending their videos to other users, so being regular with your uploads is essential to ensure the success of your rut and the interest of your viewers.
- Quality is more important than quantity. So while consistency is important, you shouldn’t upload poor content to upload often. Instead, concentrate on uploading content of high quality that is entertaining and educational, yet in the same way, do the best you can to stay clear of falling into the temptation of perfectionists.
The Three Best Tech Vloggers to Inspire You
If you’re looking to be inspired but don’t know how to begin, we’re here to guide you. There are many tech vloggers worthy of mention. We’ve picked three of the best tech vloggers we can suggest to you in hopes of getting motivated to make some content.
In no particular order, below are three excellent tech vloggers to follow.
Tech Vlogger No.1: iJustine
It wouldn’t be an exhaustive collection of tech bloggers without IJustine. She’s arguably the very first, if not the first, tech vloggers to be featured on YouTube and has been uploading videos since! More than 6 million subscribers and she frequently uploads videos today. The videos she uploads are tutorials, reviews, and strategies to aid you in getting started.
Tech Vlogger No.2: Marques Brownlee
Marques Brownlee is another popular tech vlogger with more than 11 million viewers. His videos are informative and well-shot. Marques regularly uploads to his channel and covers various subjects such as the first-time impressions of his medium, technology reviews, and the latest release.
Tech Vlogger No.3: Estefannie Explains It All
Estefannie Is a tech-focused vlogger who has an education in computer science. Her goal is to share her knowledge and aid her viewers. She is famous for simplifying technical topics that are certainly helpful for those who want to know more about coding and engineering but aren’t sure where you should begin. Her videos include reviews, tutorials, and unboxings.
Tech Vlog Ideas
If you’re searching for ideas for what type of tech vlogs you can make, then we’ve put together an assortment of popular video-blog ideas that are guaranteed to make recording tech video vlogs much easier.
- Reviews. One of the clearest ideas for tech vlogs Reviews isn’t just straightforward to create; however, they also offer collaborations, sponsorships, and partnerships opportunities. Furthermore, readers will be helpful if they’re unsure about a specific product.
- Unboxing and Reaction videos. When a brand new product launches, the public will want to know what your opinion is of it. What better way to demonstrate your feelings about a particular product than by making an unboxing or reaction video that showcases your first experience of opening the device and then sharing your experiences.
- Educational videos. When you’re an authority on a particular topic, use your expertise and make an individual video on an area you believe will be helpful to viewers.
- Recommendation/ Favourites videos. Make sure to share your top products with your viewers, including your top Apple or Android products, your most-loved applications, and tools, or even courses.
- New releases. When you’re enthusiastic about a brand new product coming out, Why not share that excitement with your customers and create videos about it?
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does a Tech Vlogger Make Money?
As you are a YouTube tech video maker, there are several ways to earn money. The most obvious and most straightforward method is to make money from your YouTube channel. To do this, it is necessary to sign up as a YouTube partnership first (which will permit you to place ads on your videos and monetize the videos) and earn revenue every time viewers view ads on your channel. Another option to make money for YouTubers is partnering with businesses and creating commercial videos. Finally, affiliate links are an excellent way to earn money through YouTube.
How to Create a Vlogging Kit for Beginners
If you’re beginning to become a technology vlogger, it’s not difficult to become overwhelmed by all the equipment for filming available. However, there’s no need to be worried, especially in the case of a tight budget. When you’re beginning out, you must put money into three essential items that you’ll need: cameras, a microphone, and a tripod.
What Do Vloggers Use to Record their Videos?
Many YouTubers employ professional cameras for recording their videos. But certain YouTubers prefer using their smartphones while walking on public streets or when traveling as they’re more convenient for them to transport around. If you’re interested in knowing more, read our article entitled ” What Camera Do Famous YouTubers Use.”
You Can also Subscribe and Visit to our Youtube Channel to Get Some Ideas.